The Barat Tioman Beach Resort Sales Office:
BARAT TIOMAN SDN BHD (1154939-D)
15B, Jalan SS21/56B, Uptown Damansara, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +603 7800 0168 Fax: +603 7498 0608
The Barat Tioman Sdn Bhd (“The Barat”) regards privacy is of the essence and is committed to protect all Personal Data provided or collected from its Guests, potential Guests or any other parties in the course of The Barat’s commercial dealings or transactions with them. The Barat will endeavour to take all steps necessary to protect and ensure your privacy. This notice among others, involves data collection and use of Personal Data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. We shall make amendments to this notice at any time, if needed, without prior notice and any amendments made will be notified accordingly.
Personal Data includes but is not limited to name, age, date of birth, race, religion, gender, ethnicity, nationality, identity card number, passport number and visa information, personal contact information, address, email address, occupation, marital status, employer’s details, income, banking account details, credit card details, charge card details and debit card details of Guests, potential Guests or any other parties, Sensitive Personal Data consisting of information as to the physical or mental health or conditions of a data subject, his or her political opinions, his or her religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, in either electronic or hardcopy form and where applicable, the Personal Data relating to other persons who may be identified from such Personal Data.
Personal Data is relevant in all our commercial dealings or transactions involving Guests, potential Guests or any other parties and us. The purpose for maintaining and processing Personal Data among others, includes the following:-
- to maintain a database of Guests for record purposes, internal audit, investigations, for collection of payments and for insurance purposes;
- to participate in any contests or events organised by us;
- to meet the requirements of regulators and comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in the sale of the products and services ;
- to supply products and services or for the marketing of such products and services;
- to keep Guests, potential Guests or any other parties informed about launchings of new products and services, customer loyalty programmes, guest membership programmes and conducting of promotional activities;
- to use telephones, mobile phones, sms, emails, social media, letters, notices and our websites to communicate and keep in touch with Guests, potential Guests or any other parties and to manage Guests relationship; and in cases of an emergency.
Personal Data – How it is obtained
We collect this information directly or indirectly, from among others, when the Guests, potential Guests or any other parties provide the above details in the course of any purchase of our products and services, through event planners or travel agents, through employers or financial institutions, through promotional activities, customer loyalty programmes, guest membership programs, organising of contests and activities, bookings and registrations conducted online or through any other means Guests, potential Guests or any other parties conduct any commercial dealings or transactions with us. Any Personal Data that you have entered will only be used to communicate with you. You have the choice, at any time, not to provide your personal data or to revoke your consent. However, failure to provide such personal data or revocation of your consent may result in us being unable to provide you with effective and continuous service.
All Personal Data including the Personal Data relating to other persons who maybe identified from such Personal Data, provided to us will be kept with the strictest of confidence pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act. Any divulging of information will be in accordance with the applicable laws and you have hereby deemed to or have consented to or have authorised us to provide Personal Data to the following parties:-
- under applicable laws to any persons or bodies, relevant government agencies, statutory authorities, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies;
- third party property management companies, service or product providers, customer loyalty programmes, guest membership programmes, vendors, suppliers and agents or any other parties relevant to the commercial dealings or transactions.
Enquiries and Complaints :
Please use the above Contact Us form or email us at email@example.com